I’m Fel Wetzig and this is the space I share with The Peasants.
I write Paranormal and Suspense with bits of drama and romance thrown in as life gets in the way for my “fictional” characters. I started writing fiction long before I can remember, but the desire was set into stone with the help of a 7th grade English teacher who took an interest in my fiction and encouraged me to grow as a writer. She sent me to elementary classes to read my stories, and bought me my first official writing journal.
The Peasants originated as stick figures acting out mini-scenes on my class notes and homework assignments. One night, I had a dream that all of the characters in my head were trying to overthrow me and yelling “the peasants revolt!” And, thus the Peasants were born. They stick around to keep me company and to make sure I don’t lose my creativity.
In addition to writing fiction, I have an MA in Public History. I have always had an interest in how ideas originated, which has led to years of research into folklore—also the perfect place to find new ideas to write about and details to round out characters and situations.
Feeling out of control in life, a girl sat down to write,
only to find she had even less control of the characters in her head.
Make sure not to trip over any Peasants while you’re here, they tend to scurry about and enjoy causing a ruckus, but don’t let that stop you from having a look around and getting to know us.
What I’m up to . . .
I have a few novels in development; Inheritance, Wild Guardian, and Bond. Once in a while, I also write a short story, which might appear on the site. You can see the status of all of my projects and read some fiction under My Short Stories & Novels.
Around the blog you’ll find all kinds of posts writing and books–reviews, author interviews, guest posts, character interviews, writing resources, and more–as well as posts on folklore to jump-start writing ideas and add depth to paranormal worlds.
Find me around the web!
- Can Distraction Work For You? Guest Post on the JuNoWriMo blog
- Q&A with Riffle Star Blogger Fel Wetzig on the Riffle Paranormal blog
- Blog Tour How-To: Interview with Fel Wetzig on the Unicorn Bell blog
- Writerly Research – Guest Post by Fel Wetzig on Sharon Bayliss’ blog
- Guest Post: Insects, Folklore, and Bugfolk, by Fel Wetzig on Lorinda Taylor’s The Labors of Ki’shto’ba Huge-Head blog
- Writerly Interview: Fel Wetzig, Twitter @Scotzig on Courtney Worth Young’s blog
- JuNoWriMo Participant Interview Felicia Wetzig on Sydney Aaliyah’s Blog
I also help out with the following events:
- The Blogger Book Fair
- Ninja Weekly Write-Ins for the Writer’s Dojo–join us on Wednesdays 8pm EDT on TweetChat using #NinjaWI for wordsprints
Sign up for the Weekly Digest to receive posts once per week.